Sunday, October 31, 2010

Background on my "Chicago" art trip.

My “Chicago” trip wasn’t really to Chicago to see artwork it was to Ann Arbor, “Rochester”, and to Detroit to see the art work there instead. So first I went to Ann Arbor where I visited The Gallery, The Ann Arbor Art Center, Work, and The University of Michigan’s museum of art. Next it was onto “Rochester”. This is where I looked at The Lemberg Gallery and Paul Kutola Projects in Ferndale; The David Klein Gallery in Birmingham; as well as the Museum of New Art in Pontiac, hence the quotation marks around Rochester, none of the places were within 25 minutes of Rochester. Lastly, I took a trip to Detroit where I first went to the Heidelberg project, then went onto the disappeared C-Pop gallery, Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, and lastly the DIA. These trips were done on separate days, obviously. And each of the next posts will highlight each section of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment